Wednesday, July 1, 2009

tried and true fitness tip #1

first, some disclaimer is probably appropriate. i do not look like *insert your favorite female celeb here*, in fact, i can stand to lose a few more pounds. but in my unending quest for fitness, i've accumulated quite a few tips that make sense to me. i'll share them here somewhat as a reminder to myself to stay diligent. those will be posted in no particular order, when i feel like them.

without further ado, here's one that i like:
reward yourself, but not with food!

if you successfully reached a goal, do reward yourself! having that something to look forward to may help get you through that last set of curls. however, don't make the reward a buffet meal or a big chocolate bar. get a massage! buy a new cute workout outfit! get some fun workout gadget like a pedometer! be creative, think of rewards that works for you, just not food.

1 comment:

  1. When I was interested in taking up yoga, I had a point system where I was allowed to buy myself a yoga mat, bricks, etc. if I did the yoga at least 3 times a week for 3 weeks. It didn't stick though because it turns out that watching yoga videos and doing it by yourself isn't all that fun. But at least I didn't buy all the mats and then quit.

    ReplyDelete